What do you think about? This is an important question because our life is what our thoughts make of it. These are ideas that have changed my whole life. We really do become what we think about. We can direct our lives by directing our thoughts.
One of my first teachers concerning this all-important subject was Zig Ziglar. I first heard him speak over 40 years ago. I remember him saying that it is perfectly normal to talk to yourself, just as long as you don’t catch yourself saying, “huh?!” He also introduced me to the term SNIOP. This is an acronym for someone who is Susceptible to the Negative Influence of Other People. Zig explained that the best way to get the flu is to hang around people who have the flu. On the other hand, if you want to be successful, it's important to hang around successful people. You are the average of the 5 people you associate most with!
What do you really want? Put yourself in an environment that nourishes your expectations. “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better” is a good affirmation. It is also a good philosophy to live by. Success is most likely to occur when you have the right attitude of mind, combined with the right daily activities.
Masaaki Imai wrote a book called Kaizen: The Key to Japan’s Competitive Success. He says that Kaizen is “The single most important concept in Japanese management.” It is the real reason behind Japan’s economic miracle and is the unifying thread of business success. Kaizen is a truth he calls “breathtakingly simple.” What is this concept? Just this: A philosophy of continuing gradual improvement in one’s personal and working life.
What is the big difference between successful and unsuccessful people? Besides knowing what they want and having a plan to get there, a big revelation to me was to discover that successful people might not want to do certain things. Successful people make a habit of doing things they don’t like or want to do – they just do it anyway.
People form habits, and habits form futures.
A good question to ask yourself is: “What is one thing I don’t want to do today, but if I did it, it would make my business and/or life better?” We all want our children to turn out right, so I have tried to introduce this great thought early in their life. When they say they don’t want to do something, I tell them: “One of the great discoveries in life is that even if you don’t want to do something, you can still do it anyway, so go do it!” I agree when they say it’s not fair, and share with them two other eternal truths... “Life isn’t fair” and “Dad is always right.”
I am empowered by George Bernard Shaw’s statement: People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.
I used to be afraid to talk to people. To motivate myself to do this essential task I would say, “Action Conquers Fear” and “Do the things that you fear, and fear will flee.” I would also say, “I love the telephone - The telephone is my friend! I love to call people and talk to them about my healthy products!”
Paul J. Meyer states that: Affirmation is the act of expressing your belief in the truth of a particular statement.
In the beginning, when it was easy to be discouraged, I would say to myself, “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” I repeated the words of Og Mandino many times: “I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by the shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. I will persist until I succeed!”
An affirmation I personalized from David Schwartz, the author of “The Magic of Thinking Big,” was, Dave Johnson, meet Dave Johnson—an important, a really important person. Dave, you’re a big thinker, so think big. Think Big about everything. You’ve got plenty of ability to do a first-class job so do a first-class job. Dave, you believe in Happiness, Progress, and Prosperity. So: talk only Happiness, talk only Progress, talk only Prosperity. You have lots of drive, Dave, lots of drive. So put that drive to work. Nothing can stop you Dave, nothing. Dave, you’re enthusiastic. Let your enthusiasm show through. Dave Johnson, you were a great fellow yesterday and you’re going to be an even greater fellow today. Now go to it, Dave. Go forward. (Insert your name and recite this every morning for the next thirty days.)
An affirmation by Jeff Ashby is: "I attract success because I am successful! I am a master of my mind! I make good habits slaves to my burning desire for wealth and inner peace! I have priceless friendships and true financial prosperity engulfs me.
I attract success because I am successful! AmpLIFEi provides an opportunity to build a business of momentum! People around me feel the positive vibrations and share the vision that keeps me steadfast in my mind and enduring in my purposes! People helping people are my greatest asset!
I attract success because I am successful! Enthusiasm is the driving force behind my successful AmpLIFEi business! My enthusiasm tramples over prejudice and opposition, spurns inaction, embraces consistent follow up, and like an avalanche, overwhelms and engulfs all obstacles in my path!
I attract success because I am successful! I listen with empathy and understand through love. I seek after the Still Small Voice and heed its promptings. I am a peacemaker. My home is a place of peace and contentment, where love abounds between husband and wife, parents, and children. AmpLIFEi has empowered me, because I don't need a JOB!
I attract success because I AM SUCCESSFUL!!!”
I have often asked a friend if he is excited and he responds, “I was born excited!”? He loves to talk about AOMA: All Out Massive Action. I love the phrase, “Anybody can be up when they’re up, but successful people have learned to be up, even when they’re down – always be positive!”
Dennis Williams states that at some point in life all of us are going to fit in one of two categories: “wish-I-woulda” or “glad-I-did.” Brenda Hanley knows someone who prods herself into action by affirming: “Git ‘er done!” She also refers to an 85-year-old lady who uses the phrase “Suck it up, princess!”
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate
that can circumvent, or hinder, or control
the firm resolve of a determined soul!
Have you heard of STP? “See the Picture. See the People. Show the Plan. Sell the Product. Stop the Procrastination.”
- Do it! Do it Right! Do it Right Now!
- If it is to be, it is up to me.
- The speed of the group is determined by the speed of the leader.
- What you entertain, you give energy to.
- If you want this thing to work, you’ve got to work this thing you want.
- It’s not how good you are, but how bad you want it!
- It’s easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them!
- The messenger must be the message!
- What is my fire within?
- No thought lives in your head rent free – it is either costing you or paying you.
- GISISA – Get In, Stay In, Stay Active
- AmpLIFEi is like annuity or an investment program – it works best when you invest early, invest regularly, and keep investing.
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” -Teddy Roosevelt
Reasons for Failure:
- They do the right thing, but not enough of it
- They do enough, but not of the right thing
- They don’t identify their objective
- They don’t equip themselves for success
- They don’t establish lines of communication
- They don’t get rid of excess baggage, especially the negative
Jeff Vanblaricum felt so strongly about affirmations that he made personal recordings. He fell asleep each night listening to himself program a successful future.
- Today is the beginning of a new day; God has given me this day to use as I will!
- I can waste it or use it for good, but what I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it!
- When tomorrow comes, it will be gone forever, leaving in its place something I have exchanged for it!
- I want it to be good, and not evil!
- Success and not failure!
- Gain and not loss!
- Love and not indifference!
- In order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it!
From Louise Hay:
- I am an open channel for divine ideas to flow through me, and the creativity of the universe now expresses itself through me!
- Whatever I need comes to me. Everything I need to know is revealed to me!
- I am divinely guided, protected, and inspired, and my way is made smooth and easy!
- If there is anyone I meet or think about today that irritates me in any way, I simply bless them with love, and the love I send to them returns to me multiplied, and I will benefit in ways that I cannot even imagine!
- Whatever I give out returns to me!
- I cast my bread upon the waters, and it returns to me a million-fold!
From Og Mandino:
- I greet this day with love in my heart!
- For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures!
- Muscle can split a shield, and even destroy life, but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men and women, and until I master this art I will remain no more than a peddler in the marketplace!
- I make love my greatest weapon, and none on whom I call can defend against it's force!
- My reasoning they may counter, my speech they may distrust, my apparel they may disapprove, my face they may reject, and even my bargains may cause them suspicion, yet my love will melt all hearts, liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest clay!
- And how shall I greet each whom I meet?
- In only one way: in silence and to myself, I say "I love you". Though spoken in silence, these words shine in my eyes, unwrinkle my brow, bring a smile to my lips, and an echo to my voice and their heart will be moved!
- And most of all, I will love myself!
- For when I do, I will zealously inspect all things that enter my body, my mind, my heart, and my soul!
- Never will I overindulge the requests of my flesh, rather I will cherish my body with cleanliness and moderation.
- Never will I allow my mind to be attracted to evil and despair; rather I will uplift it with the wisdom and knowledge of the ages.
- Never will I allow my soul to become complacent and satisfied, rather I will feed it with meditation and prayer.
- Never will I allow my heart to become small and bitter, rather I will share it and it will grow and warm the earth!
- I greet this day with love in my heart!
- I become a great salesman!
- If I have no other qualities, I can succeed with love alone; and without it I will fail though I possess all the knowledge and skills of the world!
- I greet this day with love in my heart, and I succeed!
- I accept that a benevolent power is working through me and in me to manifest goodness and abundance in my life and in the lives of others!
- I know how to be rich in every way, and I know how to help others become rich, too!
- My income exceeds my outflow!
- Thank You for Your Unfailing and Superabundant Providence!
- Everything always falls into place, in its own time and in its own way!
- My natural state is a state of vibrant health, energy, and vitality!
- Of the Abundance of the Lord, the earth is full!!
- I recognize that there is only one Mind! I realize that my mind is part of the Universal Creative Mind! Therefore, when I speak my word, the Universal Creative Mind acts upon my word without hesitation!
Brian Tracy states that Affirmations are most effective when stated positively, using present tense, and are personal (using “I”). These positive, assertive statements say yes to our potential. By repeating them over and over strongly with feeling, confidence, and enthusiasm you will drive them deep into your subconscious. Whatever the conscious mind believes and accepts, the subconscious will act and obey instructions to bring it into physical reality.
Our lives are directed by the content and quality of our thoughts. Whatever we think in our mind we move toward it. Be careful what you think about, because our thoughts also have a power on those around us!
The 3 P’s
- Affirmations must be Personal “I”
- Affirmations must be Positive
- Affirmations must be in Present Tense
What is it that you desire? You have limitless possibilities!
From someone who believes in you,